The Tiger Storage Business
Tiger Self Storage is a successful self-storage business which began operating in south-west Victoria in 2008.
Located originally in Mortlake, the business has grown to include storage centres in Horsham, Warrnambool and Melbourne. The concept incorporates shipping containers set on industrial land. Overheads are few and demand is significant with a great return on investment and little time commitment required by investors.
The franchise model is based on an extension of the existing Tiger Storage business with all advertising, administrative and call centre operations managed from the existing Port Fairy offices.
We will find your customers, obtain a planning permit, complete all renting paperwork and undertake all administration. You will only need to keep the site tidy.
Why invest in Storage?
Self Storage represents a great investment opportunity. It offers a virtually self-managed business opportunity with great ongoing returns and is a sensible alternative to the property rental market for those interested in investing in a growth industry.
Demand for self-storage facilities continues to rise across Australia. There are many instances when people choose to store goods remotely
- Household storage during extended or working holidays;
- Temporary storage during home relocation;
- Downsizing (especially in rural areas)
- Alternative to business storage for tradies
- Plus, many other uses
2010 Demand Study
The 2010 Self Storage Demand Study conducted by the Self Storage Association of Australasia is the third study of this type and is the most comprehensive research completed into what drives people to use self storage in Australia and New Zealand.
Key findings from the report include:
- 5.7% of the general population respondents indicated that they are currently using self storage. This is an increase from 4.3% in 2008 and 3% in 2006
- 50.7% of potential self storage customers would search for a facility using the internet.
- 39.9% of self storage customers had stored at the same facility before – this is an increase from 20.4% in 2008.
- 67.7% of existing customers earn close to or above the Australian Adult Ordinary Time Earnings level $64,683 per annum.
- 87.2% of self storage customers indicated that they were satisfied or very satisfied with their self storage facility.
A full copy of the report is available from: www.selfstorage.org.au/demand-study